Internet of Things (IoT):
Internet of Things (IoT) refers to a network of things or devices connected to the internet. These devices contain embedded technology to sense or interact with their internal state or the external environment. With the easy availability of IP address, (courtesy: IPv6), the barriers of physical proximity have faded. Various tools enable the easy collection, processing and storage of the Data via the Cloud.AI and Data analytics are enabling augmented reality, virtual reality and mixed reality to provide more natural and immersive ambient experience within the digital world
IoT is creating new customer experiences, formulating new business models and achieving operational efficiency, and has received, very rightly, enormous attention.
- Mckinsey Global Institute estimates the IoT economy to be worth between 4 to 11 trillion USD by 2025.
- The world economy benefited by $175 billion in 2018 from the productivity benefits to businesses from the use of IoT. This is equivalent to 0.2% of GDP. And is expected to double by 2025.
Focused domains of C-IoT
We believe that the major impact of IoT will be in the Industrial sector.Other sectors of importance are Smart cities, Critical Information infrastructure,Rural IoT, medical IoT and Wearables.
Objectives of CIOT:
Objectives of the center is to:
- Provide students and faculty opportunities to work on IoT domains and understand the implementation challenges of greenfield and brownfield projects.
- Address the security of IoT platforms comprehensively working with Centre for Information Security (ISFCR).
- Form a research and development community with cross disciplinary collaboration, including engineering, non-engineering, communication, electronics, microsystems, information systems, and software, to focus on challenges in IoT issues.
- Pursueresearch in IoT technology, applications and services.