Technology is playing an increasingly important role in enhancing existing aspects of education, and is ushering in new forms of content, engagement and assessment. Research in this domain is being actively pursued by both industry and academia from several angles, and this research domain is focused on the following objectives.
The Applied Research in Technology for Education domain focuses primarily on:
- Enhancing the capabilities of educational content repositories/learning management systems, with emphasis on customization
- Content/pedagogy co-development for blended learning environments
- Robust, low-cost technologies for Indian schools and colleges
- Intelligent Tutoring Systems for undergraduate engineering education
- Serious games for school-level mathematics and language skills